Senior Full-Stack Engineer
We're on the lookout for a skilled Senior Full-Stack Engineer who is eager to leave a lasting impact on our codebase and possesses a genuine interest for elevating the user experience at Talkspace. If you're someone who thrives on driving innovation, we invite you to join our dynamic team and channel your creativity into an application that is actively shaping the future of therapy.
As an Engineer, you will be part of a community that grows together! Collaborating cross-functionally with designers, product managers and other technical teams to support our agile pod structure and accelerate our newest, innovative product suite at Talkspace.
We pride ourselves on being a nimble team, always willing to step outside our comfort zones to bring ideas to life, and we anticipate that you will embrace this same product philosophy. To work at Talkspace, you must share our passion for the work we do and be excited about collaborating with us to fulfill our mission of making quality mental healthcare accessible to all.
Come helps us provide therapy to millions of users!
What You’ll Do:
Our Technical Teams are dedicated to challenging the status quo, introducing cutting-edge features, and infusing engaging interaction concepts into our evolving product. Fueled by a passion for solving complex user problems, you will lead the charge in improving application functionality and accessibility across both our web and mobile platforms.
- You’ll work on a variety of projects and systems, ranging from infrastructure to backend and frontend, and projects that involve all three
- You and the Backend Lead will collaborate to prioritize backend, web, and infrastructure work and to make technical decisions
- You’ll contribute reliable code across all phases of the development lifecycle, collaborating on product specifications and operational feasibility
- You’ll come up with ideas for projects to clean up technical debt and make it easier to develop in our codebases
- You’ll champion a balance between following good coding practices and delivering value for our customers quickly
- You’ll produce well-tested, extensible code that stands up to existing and future load requirements
- You’ll share your expertise in a thoughtful, no-ego way to all members of the team, coaching team members when needed
- Sheppard your contributions through peer review, testing, deployment, and finally monitoring in production
- Write test scripts and SQL queries, work with various automation tools and debuggers utilizing the full-stack
- You care about building high-quality code that you and your team can be proud of
- Extensive experience with full-stack development, distributed systems, and relational databases
- Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and security and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Facilitator of a positive work culture: we encourage all our engineers, especially Seniors, to work together to help us figure out what practices work and which ones don't.
- Curious Tester - learning from rapid failures; work with your team and QA Engineers to ensure excellent test coverage
- You thrive in an environment where you give and receive feedback
- You are a team player—able to multitask with a can-do attitude
- You have a passion for self-improvement. You constantly strive to expand your technical skill set and to improve the quality of your code.
- 5+ years of implementing web & server applications
- You have experience building and maintaining scalable RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs
- You have experience with automated testing and TDD.
Our work affects the entire company and takes place at all levels of the stack, from infrastructure to web applications security, as well as mobile apps. We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data- driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve our systems.
Our Stack currently includes:
- Experience building and running cloud architectures
- Experience with PHP
- Experience with WebSocket
- Experience with Mixpanel or similar analytics platform
- Experience with a/b testing platforms
- Experience with WCAG (2.0)
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of user acquisition and retention in a mobile-first, B2B2C environment
- Experience working with designers to transform Sketch and/or Photoshop files into beautiful, fast customer-facing web pages that make a user’s day better (Note: We mainly work with Sketch)
- Exposure to a range of front-end frameworks and component libraries is a plus. Strong experience with other technologies/languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s, Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering Bootcamp and/or equivalent experience is acceptable
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $135,000 - $165,00. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.