Manual QA Engineer
We're actively seeking an accomplished QA Engineer ready to play a crucial role in enhancing the functionality and performance of our application. Ideal candidates have a deep curiosity, an appetite for problem-solving, and a passion for leveraging technology to address real-world challenges.
Your work will transcend routine testing; it will be an integral part of a dynamic ecosystem that is reshaping the way people access and experience mental healthcare. To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
Come helps us provide therapy to millions of users!
What You'll Do
As a key player in our team, you'll find yourself immersed in an environment that thrives on innovation. Collaborating closely with other technical teams and various departments, you'll craft meticulous test plans tailored towards reliability and quality.
- You will work with other technologists, as well as with each of the company's other departments (marketing, product, sales, engineering, etc.) to draft test plans that satisfy project requirements
- Manually test websites, mobile apps and other device driven software using exploratory testing techniques
- Operate in a self-directed, fast-paced start-up environment, while working with mentors who encourage and promote growth and development
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback to the Engineering, Creative, and other teams throughout feature development
- Work closely with our automation testing team to push through full coverage of our regression test plan
- At least 3 years of experience as a manual QA engineer testing functionally and UI of C\S products + back-end services on web, iOS & Android
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in testing cloud-based web services
- Proven experience working with SQL
- Solid knowledge of HTTP, SQL, HTML, JSON, API
- Proven experience with API testing using Postman (or any similar tools).
- Proven experience to document and troubleshoot errors that arise.
- Familiarity with current software design methodologies including Agile (Scrum) process
- Excellent problem solving skills, a love for technical challenges, and a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- BB.S. or M.S. Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Basic scripting experience using both web and mobile tools, and an ability to solve basic programming problems
- QA certification
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $100000 - $130000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.