Machine Learning Engineer
Our mission at Talkspace is to help people heal. To get there, we need exceptionally passionate, bright, and motivated people. Want to help over one million people receive quality mental healthcare? Come join our mission of getting therapy in the hands of everyone!
We are looking for a seasoned Machine Learning Engineer to join our Technology team. This role will be responsible for pushing the boundaries of machine learning to deliver AI solutions that have a direct impact on Talkspace’s mission. We are seeking someone who has demonstrated expertise in AI for human-centered applications and the publication of academic research papers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with our business stakeholders, the product team, and our data science department and our engineers to design and develop new algorithms and services. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Keyword and Topic Extraction
- Emotion/Sentiment Identification
- Text summarization
- Text classification
- Recommender systems
- Intent detection and query parsing
- Guide the technical scoping and requirements-gathering of machine learning projects from research and development to production deployment.
- Translate business needs into potential solutions and applications of machine learning that directly impact our business.
- Lead the end-to-end execution of machine learning projects, collaborating with data scientists as necessary.
- Build dataset creation, model training, and evaluation tools in an AWS environment.
- Implement and maintain the build and deploy systems for production-critical data science services.
- You hold an MA/MS or higher degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, or an Engineering-related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying product-quality code.
- 4+ years of experience with NLP techniques and models for text analysis, sentiment analysis, language understanding, and generation.
- Deep experience with Python and SQL.
- You have a strong portfolio of published academic research papers.
- You have proficiency in deep learning frameworks, and experience with deep neural networks for complex problem-solving.
- You have a commitment to ethical AI practices and an understanding of the ethical considerations and potential biases in AI within healthcare.
- You have experience with cloud-based machine learning services and platforms (e.g., AWS SageMaker, Google AI Platform) for model development and deployment.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans coverage since day one.
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/FSA.
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%.
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life, or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care.
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment.
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events.
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $170,000 and $190,000 with a competitive bonus. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.