Billing and Claims Support Representative
At Talkspace, we recognize that the billing and claims process can often serve as the most significant obstacle to individuals seeking to begin or continue therapy. That's why we're searching for a dedicated and knowledgeable Billing and Claims Support Representative to join our team. As our organization continues to expand it services and reach, your contributions will play a crucial role in enhancing our clients' overall therapy experience and maintaining the high standards of service that Talkspace is renowned for.
To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work! If you are looking for a role that is making a difference in people's lives and you have a meticulous eye for detail, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of our mission to make mental health care accessible to all.
What You'll Do
- Use internal knowledge materials + resources to educate Talkspace clients on our billing and claims procedures, and quickly and accurately respond to service-related billing inquiries from existing members, including but not limited to questions related to behavioral health claims (previously-filed claim status, disputes, charge explanations, CPT code usage, etc.), refund requests, manual eligibility verification, and more via email, phone, and chat.
- Conduct outbound calls to payors, to confirm client eligibility, obtain member EAP authorization, and discuss claim submissions on a case by case basis.
- Draft and provide superbills to clients when requested, as needed.
- Serve as company claims SME and collaborate with internal stakeholders on billing and claims-related ad hoc projects, as assigned.
- Work closely with our Client Support team, providing status updates on payer portal activity and assisting with client escalations, as needed.
- Provide white glove service to all our members, infusing empathy and kindness in all replies, and following up with clients when necessary to ensure resolution.
- Keep up with business updates to ensure the assistance provided is accurate and up to date.
- Identify client contact reason trends and roll up any potential issues affecting a specific segment of clients to leadership daily, as needed.
Documentation + Process Improvement
- Contribute to the improvement of our department by suggesting updates to departmental knowledge materials + resources (internal knowledge base, correspondence templates).
- Recommend changes to existing support processes and/or implementation of new standard processes aimed at improving productivity, job satisfaction, and our client experience.
- Attend all department meetings (ie. coaching sessions, recurring 1:1s, ongoing training lessons), as scheduled.
- Maintain regular communication with your Supervisor and team, daily.
- 1-2 years experience with health insurance claims, required; preferably in a phone/email/chat support-related capacity.
- Knowledge of Behavioral Health terminology (ie CPT Codes) and understanding of Insurance benefits ( ie: copy, coins and deductible), required.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with PHI and HIPAA guidelines when working with sensitive material, required.
- Experience in the tele-health, tele-therapy, medical insurance industries is a plus.
- 2 or 4 year college degree, preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to remain flexible and pivot when needed.
- Passionate about providing top-tier support.
- Ability to work independently, as this is a remote team, and maintain consistent communication with Supervisor.
- Ability to meet productivity and quality benchmarks set by leadership.
- Ability to multi-task in various systems + programs.
- Experience (or strong interest) in working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Atlassian (Jira, Confluence) is a plus.
- ~50-60 wpm - https://www.typingpal.com/en/
- Dependable internet connection required.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The hourly range for this role is between $18 - $21. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.