Senior IT Auditor
Our mission at Talkspace is to help people heal. To get there, we need exceptionally passionate, bright, and motivated people. Want to help over one million people receive quality mental healthcare? Come join our mission of getting therapy in the hands of everyone!
We are looking for an experienced audit professional to join Talkspace as a Senior IT Auditor to strengthen Talkspace’s Audit Program. This individual will manage the execution of audit programs and maintain ownership of the development, management, and reporting on the Talkspace IT audit program. This individual will conduct ongoing assessments of technology-related risks and own the execution of related assurance programs. The Senior IT Auditor will directly report to the Head of Internal Audit and work closely with our Chief Information Security Officer/Chief Compliance Officer and Sr. Director of Information Security. They will manage the team of co-sourced resources and work closely with external auditors to address information requests, track issues, and negotiate remediation strategies in connection with Sarbanes Oxley (“SOX”) compliance.
*This is a remote position based on Eastern Time. Talkspace Headquarters is located in NYC*
What You’ll Do
- Perform ongoing assessments of business systems, software development and IT operations to identify control gaps and risk areas.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Internal Audit on the development of the annual audit program.
- Create audit work programs for technology related items to improve internal documentation.
- Partner with Finance and risk management teams to aid in audit efficiency and effectiveness
- Streamline tracking and reporting on risk mitigation and remediation to provide more visibility to stakeholders.
- Perform and/or review internal testing of IT-related controls and follow up with process owners to resolve issues.
- Align with external auditors to design ways of meeting compliance objectives that fully address concerns while minimizing costs to the business.
- Drive the collection and delivery of information to co-sources resources and external auditors in a timely manner.
- Serve as a trusted advisor on compliance issues relating to product and business systems.
- Recommend changes to controls, processes, and procedures to ensure data integrity and security and improve operational efficiency and appropriate suggestions to achieve the improvements.
- Perform testing of IT general and application controls relevant for SOX compliance.
- Prepare appropriate documentation (e.g. narratives, flowchart/placemats, control matrices, segregation of duties analyses, audit reports, etc.) in support of audit work performed.
- Assist in the follow-up on internal audit recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Comply with auditing standards, follow good business practices, and efficiently utilize audit resources.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of IT-related audit or compliance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, or related field
- Professional Designation: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), CIA or an equivalent IT designation is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Knowledge of IT security and infrastructure
- Experience in organizations that use cloud-based/SaaS business systems, build SaaS products, and use agile software development methodology
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into details of specific software systems, permissions, data models, and integrations
- Working knowledge of information security and computer network, server, database, and user access technologies
- Strong understanding of SOX processes including ability to design and execute SOX test plans, assist with remediation efforts, and properly document testing results
- Significant knowledge of information technology processes, controls, regulatory frameworks and control requirements, such as SOX, COBIT, PCI Data Security Standards, and Data Privacy and Protection legislation
- Experience with AuditBoard preferred
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $75,000 and $95,000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.