Product Designer, Member
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
As a Senior Product Designer, your work will contribute to shaping transformative user experiences, ensuring that our model of therapy and the services we create resonate with our users.
In the dynamic landscape of Digital Health, Talkspace continues to redefine how individuals access quality mental health services. From defining feature scopes to refining functionalities, this role anchors the product strategy in user-centered principles, empowering Talkspace to create an effective solution that drives the future of accessibility within Teletherapy.
To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
What You'll Do
Product development and strategy
- Work alongside of product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to define, scope, and refine features
- Support product strategy, ensuring the product team is asking the right questions and solving for identified user problems
- Partner with product managers using tools like surveys, user interviews, user testing, and quantitative data to better understand and advocate for user needs
- Conduct competitive and comparative research to inform the design process and product strategy
- Run design thinking workshops when applicable to foster cross-functional collaboration
- Translate complex requirements into compelling, easy-to-use experiences
- Create user journeys, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and other artifacts to help clarify concepts, aid decision-making, and build consensus
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the design system
- Write UX copy that is clear, concise, and empathetic
- Champion design best practices, ensuring consistency and maintaining brand guidelines and accessibility standards.
Product quality assurance
- Ensure design excellence with every project, paying close attention to visual design and interaction details while accounting for all use cases and requirements
- Write comprehensive UX/UI specifications for developers to ensure smooth implementation
- Collaborate with engineers to complete design QA for each feature
- 5+ years experience in product design/UX
- A portfolio showcasing strong user-centered design process and craftsmanship
- Proficiency in Figma
- Proven experience designing for both mobile and web platforms, with a deep understanding of responsive design
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans coverage since day one
- Pre-tax benefits: HSA/ FSA
- 401k Retirement Savings Program with matching up to 4%
- Voluntary benefits including disability, basic life or pet insurance, etc.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend to promote mental and physical self-care
- Flexible PTO and Remote First Environment
- Regular team events, including Wellness Workshops and Team Building Events
- Free access to Talkspace products for you and one household member, as well as access to a friends and family discount!
At Talkspace, we believe that pay transparency during the interview process is a critical part of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our salary bands are based on internal and external compensation benchmarks, which we regularly evaluate to ensure we pay competitively.
The base salary range for this role is between $110,000 and $130,000. Within the salary bands, leveling corresponds to each candidate’s relevant experience, skills as assessed during the interview process, education, and applicable certifications.
Talkspace is the most comprehensive and convenient way to take care of your mental health and wellness, focused on providing quality mental health services on your own terms.
Our signature psychotherapy and psychiatry product connects individual users with a network of thousands of licensed mental health providers through an easy-to-use and HIPAA-compliant web and mobile platform. With Talkspace, users can connect their dedicated provider via live video, text, or phone.
Backed by over 10 years of industry-leading research and clinically proven results, our accessible care model continues to make huge strides in lowering the barriers to quality mental healthcare services nationwide. Talkspace is the top insurance-covered therapy service with over 112 million Americans covered and a leader within the Corporate Wellness Space, with more than 200 employer partnerships across several industries.
Our focus to help people feel better starts at Talkspace, where we connect and collaborate as a team to make the world a better place. Fun company-wide events, happy hours, wellness perks, flex PTO, access to Talkspace products, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification, if you believe you could make a great addition to this team. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
How do we define Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Talkspace?
Diversity encompasses the unique attributes of our employees as individuals. We value and embrace the richness arising from their varied backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, which include, but are not limited to, age, ability, ethnicity, gender, race, and cultural background.
Equity refers to a fair and impartial workplace, aiming to ensure equal growth and advancement opportunities for all employees. This involves amplifying underrepresented voices, addressing unconscious biases, and providing inclusive, culturally competent mental health care.
Inclusion signifies the practice of granting equal access to opportunities and resources for all employees, particularly those who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized. It ensures that everyone feels a sense of belonging, value, support, and respect as an individual.
Belonging reflects the affinity and positive relationships that develop among employees from diverse backgrounds when businesses actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.