Senior Backend Engineer - Web Supply
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Senior Software Engineer in the Web Supply group? We’re glad you asked!
At Taboola, we currently work in a hybrid work model giving employees the flexibility to work from home a few days a week. We have offices in Ramat Gan and Beer Sheva and are looking to grow to additional locations such as Jerusalem, where our Taboolars have the opportunity to meet their teammates, connect with other teams and socialize with friends.
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Design and develop infrastructure and features for thousands of websites and over 1.4B users across the open web
- Be responsible for large scale systems that generate billions of dollars, over 500,000 requests / second and 100TB of new data every day
- Have end to end ownership: Innovate, design, build, ship, measure and maintain our backend services
- Collaborate with the brightest software engineers
- Use full CI/CD, A/B testing and work with true Big Data - seeing the results of your development almost immediately!
Our Tech Stack:
Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, HDFS, K8s, Helm, Docker, Vertica, MySQL, BigQuery, ELK, Memcache, Airflow, Prometheus, Grafana, Kusto, gRPC & protobuf, Fastly, Golang.
What are the skills a good Senior Software Engineer needs to have?
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems
- Business oriented and data driven
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multithreading programming
- 8+ years programming experience in Java or equivalent Object-Oriented language
- Proven ability to lead and passion to mentor
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL and Big Data tools
- Taboola is the world’s leading recommendation platform reaching over 500 million daily active users. We’re growing rapidly, and have recently gone public on the NASDAQ.
- Adam Singolda, Taboola Founder and CEO says; “You can copy anything from another business but you can’t copy a company’s culture.”
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
At Taboola, we pride ourselves in making an impact on how people consume content across the world, a culture of transparency, passion, and a diverse, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- You can get to know us more by visiting our company website, careers site, Taboola Life blog and social media channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
Want to learn more about us, you’re welcome to watch the latest News article about Taboola
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.