Algorithm Engineer - Taiwan
Taboola is one of fastest-growing global tech companies. Taboola empowers hundreds of millions of people and thousands of publishers to personalize the Web. We enable publishers to drive editorial voice and brand safety, while giving consumers the choice to personalize their content discovery experience.
We engage over 1B online users, and deliver more than 360B content recommendations every month! As well as being one of the fastest growing tech companies in Israel, we are also growing our global reach, with offices in NY, London, Tel Aviv, LA, Taipei, Bangkok, New Delhi, Sao Paulo and more.
Taboola’s Engineering Team builds high-scale, web and mobile applications that run non-stop around the globe. We work in small collaborative teams to architect massively scalable and reliable systems. As a Data Scientist at Taboola you will work in our Taipei office with a very talented team, utilizing some of the latest technology and tools.
In this role you will:
- Research and propose data science solutions based on given requirements.
- Research and build content understanding and/or predictive customer behavior models for targeting and personalization.
- Research and implement effective optimization algorithms to achieve certain business goals.
- Present findings to the product team and technical team leads in a clear and actionable way.
- Productize models and algorithms, and deploy them to the production environment.
- Build and support data pipelines for machine learning data preparation.
- Build and support machine learning automation pipelines.
- Master’s degree is required, Ph.D degree is a plus; CS/CE, EE, Physics or Applied Mathematics majors are preferred
- 1 year of full time work experience or 3 months internship experience (only applicable to fresh graduates) in data science is required
- 3+ years of programming experience in Java/Scala and/or Python required
- SQL & database experience is preferred
- Experience in collecting data from and loading data to a database or web services is preferred
- Minimum experience in using popular machine learning frameworks, such as PyTorch and Tensorflow
- Good communication skills and ability to explain data and analysis to a variety of audiences and key stakeholders
- Good analytical skills to understand and interpret the data for machine learning
What is Taboola?
Taboola is the world’s leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web’s most innovative publisher sites, including the BBC, Axel Springer, LeFigaro, Evening Standard, NBC, USA Today and more!
Since our inception in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media experts has built the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform – or “search engine just the other way around” – that provides more than a billion users each month with personalized recommendations on many of the most innovative and most visited websites on the internet.
Thousands of leading publishers (e.g. India today, Zee, NDTV) and media agencies use Taboola’s innovative technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic and distribute content to committed users on the web.
Today there are more than 1,400 taboolars around the world (and the number is growing) connecting users to content they might like but didn’t know existed. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Paris, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, São Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo and Bangkok
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, hit (easy) apply!
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Something looks off?