Senior Backend Engineer-Taiwan
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Senior Backend Engineer? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Senior Backend Engineer?
As a Senior Backend Engineer working on the R&D Team in our Taiwan office, you will contribute to building and improving Taboola’s recommendation infrastructure. Currently, Taboola is serving 360 billion recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors each month on the web’s most innovative publisher sites. As you can imagine, this team is crucial for Taboola’s cookie-less future and contributes to our publishers and advertisers success.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on Java coding.
- Strong understanding of database concepts.
- Experience with any of the following: Java, Python, Scala, Spring Framework, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Google Big Query, Cassandra.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, CVS or Subversion.
- Thorough understanding of backend integration concepts and technologies such as web services, messaging, ESB and securities.
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience developing models, algorithms and infrastructure to support large-scale data-mining and machine learning systems.
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Work in a SCRUM environment designing, coding, and managing integration projects from conception to completion.
- Develop backend services to support billions of page views for hundreds of millions of unique users generating terabytes of data each day.
- You will work closely with our Product team to reach optimal technology solutions.
- Drive the performance of backend applications for real time processing of data.
- Supervise at least two mid-level developers.
Why choose Taboola?
Working at Taboola gives you the chance to be part of building something unique. We are a company that embraces change, has enormous potential for growth and offers a challenging yet collaborative working environment where you will always feel valued and be given every opportunity to make a name for yourself.
So, if you’re ready for a new challenge in a company with like-minded creative individuals, a fast pace and endless opportunities with exciting brands, why not come and see what we’re all about, you won’t be disappointed.
Taboola APAC offers generous health, maternity and paternity, medical and dental coverage, a fully-stocked kitchen, and other wellness benefits.
What do the next steps look like?
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, hit (easy) apply!
All shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.