Advertising Sales Manager - China
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as an Advertising Sales Manager? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of an Advertising Sales Manager?
Based in Shenzhen, the Advertising Sales Manager will be expected to identify, engage and cement advertising partnerships (brand and agency) in order to expand and diversify Taboola’s growing network of advertisers. The Advertising Sales Manager is a deal-oriented professional who can source, prospect and structure content marketing deals independently across the Greater China market.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role it is essential that you:
- Have a proven track record of selling digital media in the China market (4+ years)
- Are able to take a strategic approach to selling – you should be experienced in planning and executing sales strategies, building robust pipelines and prioritizes sales activity according to business impact
- Are a confident presenter with the ability to structure and deliver an engaging sales pitch that addresses the needs of our clients
- Possess strong analytical skills with clients identify trends in data and use data to influence clients and formulate successful sales strategies
- Have the will and ability to drive revenue in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment that will present you with new challenges daily
- Are a team player – the advertising sales manager will engage with stakeholders across the business including but not limited to account management, marketing, legal and product
Nice to haves include:
- Experience selling online video advertising
- Knowledge and experience working with branding agencies
What will I be doing on a day-to day basis?
As a Sales Manager, you will:
- Sell multiple products to clients by finding the right stakeholders for each product, without digressing from a coherent product message and overall strategy
- Build relationships with brand and performance focused agency contacts and explain the power of Taboola’s native, choice-based advertising platform
- Manage a robust pipeline and accurately forecast new business closure rate and revenue booked.
- Interact with the Greater China Advertiser Account Management team to effectively manage client expectations and ensure successful campaign delivery
- Convey field intelligence to product management teams in regards to development of features
- Manage presentations, build relationships and negotiate contracts within the Greater China market
What is Taboola?
Taboola is the world’s leading content discovery platform, serving 360B recommendations to over 1B unique visitors each month on the web’s most innovative publisher sites, including the BBC, Axel Springer, LeFigaro, Evening Standard, NBC, USA Today and more!
Since our inception in 2007, Taboola’s team of ninja-like engineers and digital media experts has built the world’s largest and most advanced discovery platform – or “search engine just the other way around” – that provides more than a billion users each month with personalized recommendations on many of the most innovative and most visited websites on the internet.
Thousands of leading publishers (e.g. India today, Zee, NDTV) and media agencies use Taboola’s innovative technology to increase user engagement, monetize their traffic and distribute content to committed users on the web.
Today there are more than 1,400 taboolars around the world (and the number is growing) connecting users to content they might like but didn’t know existed. We have offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Paris, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, São Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo and Bangkok
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity, hit (easy) apply!
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.