Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Marketing Specialist? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Marketing Specialist?
Taboola is a leading global marketing technology company, and we're seeking a Marketing Specialist for Taboola Japan to help shape our reputation and drive business growth in Japan.
As the sole marketer in Japan, you will take full ownership of executing our marketing efforts. This multifaceted role will involve event planning and execution, working with industry organizations, supporting agency training programs, localization of materials, PR activities, blog and social media management, and a client gifting program.
You will work closely with the Japan Sales & Account Management teams, based in our Tokyo office in the Otemachi area, and report directly to the Director of Marketing for APAC, who is based in Bangkok. Collaboration and influence with stakeholders in Tel Aviv, New York, and other locations within Taboola's global Marketing team will be key to your success.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role it is essential that you:
- Have experience with Marketing/Content/PR strategy in Japan
- Have exceptional project management skills, including the ability to independently manage complex marketing plans, capable of high-volume execution
- Have exceptional attention to detail, particularly in event planning and execution
- Have a hands-on approach and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks
- Are experienced in creating content using professional Japanese for event presentations, PR, SNS channels, web pages, and other channels
- Have strong copywriting and communication skills for crafting engaging marketing messages
- Have native level Japanese language skills and are fluent in English
- Have the ability to collaborate with international teams, including Taboola's global marketing team in various locations
- Are a team player and comfortable to work with a high degree of autonomy in an ever-changing, international environment
Nice to haves include:
- Prior experience marketing in adtech / digital advertising company is an advantage but not essential
What will I be doing on a day-to day today basis?
As a Marketing Specialist, you will:
Marketing Planning & Execution:
- Develop, execute, and assess the results of comprehensive annual and quarterly marketing plans for Taboola Japan
- Actively enhance Taboola's in-market reputation by planning Taboola-branded events and participating in industry events. This includes managing exhibition booths, speaking engagements, panel discussions, and other activations.
- Organize customer retention activities, including hosting events and managing gifting initiatives.
- Collaborate with Sales to facilitate agency training sessions.
Social Media and Content Management:
- Manage Taboola Japan's social media content calendar, including ownership of the Japan Blog, newsletters, and social media channels.
Localization of Marketing Materials:
- Localize marketing materials, including product updates, sales presentations, data, vertical-specific content, and market insights.
PR and Brand Awareness:
- Write Japanese press releases using appropriate PR language and collaborate with the Global PR team in New York on content.
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here they are able to discover their best professional self, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business.
- Hybrid working model + other great benefits!
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.