Backend Engineer Intern
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Backend Engineer Intern? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a Backend Engineer Intern?
As a Backend Engineer Intern working on R&D in our Los Angeles office you will contribute to building and improving Taboola’s current recommendation infrastructure. Currently, Taboola is serving 360 billion recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors each month on the web’s most innovative publisher sites. As you can imagine, this team is crucial for Taboola’s cookie-less future and contributes to our publishers and advertisers success.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent enrolled student or graduate. May consider self-taught individuals with previous development experience
- Fluency in one of the major programming languages such as Java/C++/Python; Java strongly preferred
- Some experience with SQL and NoSQL
It’d be great if you also have:
- Exposure to big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, etc.
- Working knowledge or previous experience in regards to API creation, design and data manipulation
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
As a Backend Engineer Intern, you will:
- Work on improving our backend Java-based web applications and big data pipeline.
- Learn our agile SCRUM process, coding standards and business use cases.
- Work on projects alongside both frontend and backend engineers from inception through to production release and user acceptance.
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our publisher partners include Yahoo, Conde Nast, Fox Sports, NBCU, ESPN, CBS, and E! Online. Our advertiser clients include Wells Fargo, Honda, Pinterest, Expedia and Honda.
- Taboola LA offers generous health, medical and dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, building parking, and various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.