3rd Level Technical Support SME
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a 3rd Level Technical Support Subject Matter Expert (SME)? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a 3rd Level Technical Support SME?
You will be an essential pivotal engineer within the advertiser professional services support group.
You will juggle between complex technical case investigations, bug reporting prioritizing and tracking, knowledge retention and training, and operational data analysis.
You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders within the professional services group as well the engineering group, and our customers and their account managers.
You will lead at least one area of expertise as the highest level of technical escalation and management, owning it end-to-end.
What do I need in order to succeed in this role?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- 3+ years of experience in 2nd level support / 1+ years of experience in 3rd level support
- Advanced technical orientation and understanding - familiarity with architectural design and flows, relations between frontend and backend services, reading code.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting methodologies - web, DB, analytics, APIs/SDKs, logs.
- Ability to analyze operational data and provide actionable insights.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English - technical summaries, training material, emails, face-to-face meetings.
- Service quality awareness and empathy.
Nice to haves include:
- Experience with ad-tech (particularly advertiser side).
- Innovative thinking.
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of the most complex issues in the support group, requiring expert understanding of Taboola features and architecture.
- Be an escalation point for burning issues within and outside your primary SME area/s.
- Analyze operational aspects of your SME area/s and expose actionable insights.
- Mentor and provide consultations to lower level support engineers.
- Create and provide training and knowledge material - new feature introduction, troubleshooting methodologies and tools, technical summaries and more.
- Perform periodic meetings with Product and R&D regarding issue prioritization, new features and supportability requirements.
- Cooperate and coordinate with additional groups within professional services, support, sales, account management and more.
- Identify and work to close gaps of knowledge, work methodologies, supportability, processes and opportunities for automation
Why should I take on this role in Taboola?
This is a role that mixes advanced technical abilities with interpersonal relationships.
If you’re looking to challenge yourself technically while leading multiple human interactions, then this is what you’re looking for.
Taboola is an active company with a growing portfolio of features and collaborations, working with some of the biggest names in the business.
This keeps us constantly learning, especially with the upcoming integration with Yahoo.
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our publisher partners include Yahoo, Conde Nast, BuzzFeed, Fox Sports, NBCU, ESPN, CBS, and E! Online. Our advertiser clients include Wells Fargo, Honda, Pinterest, Expedia and Honda.
Taboola ATL offers generous health, medical and dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, building parking, and various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.