Software Team Leader, Supply
Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as a Software Team Leader in the Web Supply group? We’re glad you asked! At Taboola, we currently work in a hybrid work model giving employees the flexibility to work from home a few days a week. What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Lead highly talented backend engineers through the development of infrastructure and features for thousands of websites across the open web
- Be responsible for large scale systems that generate billions of dollars, over 500,000 requests / second and 100TB of new data every day
- Collaborate with other experienced leaders in the group and product managers
- Use full CI/CD, A/B testing and work with true Big Data – seeing the results of your development almost immediately!
- Put a special focus on people personal growth, team productivity and velocity
Our Tech Stack: Java, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Vertica, MySQL, HDFS, BigQuery, Docker, Linux. What are the skills a good Software Engineer needs to have?
- 3+ years of experience in managing a full stack team and leading projects hands-on
- Business oriented and data driven
- Deep understanding of strong Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures systems, applications programming and multithreading programming
- Proven experience and knowledge of Big Data tools, SQL and data analysis
- Experience in designing and developing large scale systems
- Proven ability to lead and passion to mentor
- BSc in computer science or equivalent
- Familiarity with development methodologies
- Fluent English skills
It would be great if you also have:
- Knowledge of the following technologies: Spring, Springboot, Spark, HDFS an Kafka
- Front-end tech stack: mainly React.js and Redux
- Taboola is the world’s leading recommendation platform reaching over 500 million daily active users. We’re growing rapidly, and have recently gone public on the NASDAQ.
- Adam Singolda, Taboola Founder and CEO says; “You can copy anything from another business but you can’t copy a company’s culture.”
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow to, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
At Taboola, we pride ourselves in making an impact on how people consume content across the world, a culture of transparency, passion, and a diverse, inclusive and friendly work environment.
- You can get to know us more by visiting our company website, careers site, Taboola Life blog and social media channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn