Curious about what it’s like to work at the world’s number 1 discovery platform as Legal Counsel? We’re glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of Legal Counsel?
As Legal Counsel working in our NYC office with our Legal team based out of various offices around the globe, you will be part of a team that is highly involved in all aspects of Taboola’s business growth. The Legal team's mission is to provide proactive, high quality, result-oriented, and creative services; as well as effectively handle multiple legal and compliance challenges inline with Taboola's risk tolerance. You will be providing legal support on a variety of business commercial and corporate matters, as well as supporting the legal team in global cross functional projects.
What skills and qualifications do I need?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- 2-4 years of experience at a reputable law firm or in-house at a fast-paced company
- A background in commercial law, preferably with experience in other practice areas, e.g. general corporate law, IP.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy topics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including a clear and concise drafting style
- Qualifications to work as a lawyer in NY
It's not required but nice if you also have:
- Experience working in the advertising or AdTech industry
- Prior in-house experience at an international public company
- Some employment law experience
- Written and verbal communication skills in Spanish or Portuguese
- Project management experience
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
As an Legal Counsel, you will:
- Draft and negotiate third party commercial contracts, including service agreements, NDAs, marketing agreements, advertising agreements, publisher agreements and digital advertising agreements.
- Handle multiple projects at the same time, and tag-team with legal team members in other time zones around the world to collectively provide around-the-clock legal support for the business.
- Provide legal support with respect to various international business development projects, commercial contracts management, global compliance, corporate and M&A transactions.
- Handle day-to-day legal issues arising in a growing and complex business & any other legal support as requested by the senior leadership within the legal team.
- Assist with a broad range of compliance, corporate matters and regulatory issues in connection with the company’s subsidiaries around the world, including licensing and registration applications, and day-to-day entity management projects.
- If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow, and learn from and together with smart and talented people.
- We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our publisher partners include Yahoo, Conde Nast, BuzzFeed, Fox Sports, NBCU, ESPN, CBS, and E! Online. Our advertiser clients include Wells Fargo, Honda, Pinterest, Expedia and Honda.
- Taboola NYC offers generous health, medical and dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, and various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
It’s easy, submit your CV by clicking the “Apply” button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.