Data Integration Engineer
Riskified (NYSE: RSKD) empowers businesses to unleash ecommerce growth by taking risk off the table. Many of the world’s biggest brands and publicly traded companies selling online rely on Riskified for guaranteed protection against chargebacks, to fight fraud and policy abuse at scale, and to improve customer retention. Developed and managed by the largest team of ecommerce risk analysts, data scientists and researchers, Riskified’s AI-powered fraud and risk intelligence platform analyzes the individual behind each interaction to provide real-time decisions and robust identity-based insights. Learn more at Riskified.com.
About the Role
As a Data Integration Engineer at Riskified, you will be using technical skills, analytical insights, and business perspective to ensure we have the most accurate and complete data from each client to feed our data science models. You will be responsible for helping new and existing customers ensure they are receiving the best performance possible and leading the charge on processing the data of the largest eCommerce merchants in the world.
Riskified’s clients come in many different sizes and industries, use different technical platforms, and each one has their own unique data concerns and order flows that have to be uniquely assessed. Our team helps scope, implement, validate and monitor these data integrations from both a technical and business perspective.
What You'll Be Doing
In your first 60 days, you will be expected to complete a global and team-specific onboarding program to ground yourself in the knowledge, tools, processes, and people necessary to succeed on the job.
After onboarding, you will be expected to begin supporting data flows for merchant integrations and pilots. Typically, this includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform due diligence on merchant websites, business models and data flows
- Generate tailored data templates (JSON, CSV) to help guide merchant developers / data teams in building high-quality online (API) and offline (file transfer) integrations
- Write queries and scripts (R, Python, SQL, Spark, Databricks) to:
- Test, validate, and detect data issues in API calls in sandbox and production environments
- Test, validate, transform, and upload large historical data files to Riskified APIs
- Maintain / manage merchant data configuration layer of Riskified’s platform (automated data tagging, transformation, filtering, etc)
- Combine technical, business and analytical objectives to come up with tailored solutions for onboarding merchants
- Ad hoc data wrangling and sanitization
- Monitor automated data alerts - prioritize, track, and communicate merchant data issues / irregularities with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with analysts, research and data science teams to accommodate changes in industry data
- Identify, research, and offer system-wide solutions for common data issues
- Work closely with client-facing teams to engage customers regarding their data integrations
- Support R&D, Product Management, Data Science, Integrations Engineering, Account Management, and Sales as a subject matter expert of Riskified’s product, technology and merchants
- Contribute to advancing the team’s tooling, processes, and documentation
- 3+ years of experience in a data-centric industry role (Analytics, Data Engineering, ETL, DBA, Consulting, etc.)
- 2+ years with SQL or NoSQL databases
- 2+ years experience with data wrangling (R, Python for data processing)
- 2+ years optimizing technical processes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The base salary range for this position is $110,000 - $130,000. This range is applicable to candidates who will perform the job either wholly, or in part, within New York City. Actual salary will be based on qualifications, competencies, and location. If you feel this range is not attractive, we encourage you to let us know through the application process.
Base salary is just one part of the pay package at Riskified. All full-time regular employees receive a bonus target and are eligible to receive stock-based awards. Also, our value proposition goes way beyond compensation: our perks and benefits package, culture, community, and learning and development programs are just some of the elements we provide to bring value to our employees. We invite you to apply at www.riskified.com to learn more about what we have to offer.
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 750+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.
Some of our NYC Benefits & Perks:
- Our NYC team is currently working in a hybrid of remote and in-office for all our team members
- Fully-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance from your first day
- Equity for all employees, 401(k) + matching, commuter benefits
- Catered lunch, fully-stocked kitchen, team events, happy hours, birthday celebrations
- Yoga, pilates, soccer league, wellness classes
- Wide-ranging opportunities to volunteer and make an impact in local communities
- Commitment to your professional development with global onboarding, sales bootcamp, skills-based courses, full access to Udemy, lunch & learns
- Awesome Riskified gifts and swag!
In the News
Riskified is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.