Senior Android Engineer
Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that bridges the gap between imagination and creation. As an AI-first company, with a mission to build an innovative photo and video creation platform, we aim to enable content creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content. Our state-of-the-art technology is focused on photo and video processing and is based on both groundbreaking facial recognition and generative AI features.
Our photo and video editing tools, including Facetune, Videoleap, and Photoleap, offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s brand platform, Popular Pays, offers brands the opportunity to scale their content by partnering with creators We focus on putting creators in the center and empowering them from the moment inspiration strikes.
Our Android team is passionate about software engineering and truly believes that code is beautiful. We are responsible for building our Android capabilities from the ground up and spearheading our efforts to bring the ability to create to everyone. We know how to work on a tight schedule and love that our work impacts users worldwide.
We are hiring a Senior Android Engineer for our Videoleap Team to take the app to the next level, leverage cutting-edge image and video technologies to optimize video editing capabilities., Videoleap is a powerful video editing app with over 75 Million downloads worldwide making video creation easier than ever before. You will work on cutting-edge editing tools and AI features- understand the challenges in new features, expand data models and inter-component interfaces, and integrate new and exciting technologies, all while maintaining a high production value.
What you will be doing
- Contribute to all phases of the product development: design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code and inspire others to do the same.
- Mentor young developers on the team.
- Write the image and video processing pipelines, build a delightful UI, design the data model and app architecture, and write meaningful tests.
- Explore innovative Android video technologies, driving continuous improvement in the app's video editing tools
- Conduct comprehensive and constructive code reviews, providing valuable feedback to team members to enhance code quality and inspire continuous learning.
- Adapt cutting-edge technology and draft prototypes to explore new features.
Your skills and experience
- 4+ years of development experience in any programming language
- 2+ years of Android development
- Deep understanding of Android OS internals- UI, rendering, background processing, MVVM.
- Curiosity- driven learning & ability to achieve goals independently
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members and stakeholders
- Experience leading a technical team or project
- Knowledge in image processing, graphics and/or computer vision
- Experience with video processing - encoding/ decoding, rendering
- Experience with UI Testing framework