Engineering Manager - Backend Research
Who we are
Lightricks is a pioneer in innovative technology that bridges the gap between imagination and creation. With a mission to build an innovative photo and video creation platform, we aim to enable creators and brands to produce engaging, top-performing content. Our state-of-the-art technology is focused on photo and video processing and is based on both groundbreaking facial recognition and generative AI features.
Our photo and video editing tools, including Facetune, Videoleap, and Photoleap, offer endless possibilities and inspiration, while the company’s brand platform, Popular Pays, offers brands the opportunity to scale their content by partnering with creators We focus on putting creators in the center and empowering them from the moment inspiration strikes.
The brilliant minds in R&D take our products to the next level using groundbreaking Machine Learning, Computer Graphics and AI features. Our state-of-the-art photo and video tools are based in computer vision, machine learning, rendering, deep learning and computational photography. To read more about our team’s work, read our tech blog.
We lead the research of next generation algorithms in the visual, auditory, and textual domains. A large part of our work is understanding how we can best engage with our customers and help them tap into their creativity. We deal with many diverse problem domains and aim to bring them to production in an efficient manner on top of both backend and edge systems.
What you will be doing
As research engineering backend team lead at Lightricks you will lead a small team of excellent engineers engaging in tasks ranging from building our backend ML platform to creating streamlined processes to bring functional research code to production grade systems.
On top of an excellent high level tech understanding, this role requires a combination of team player, good planning and execution skills, great communication skills, people management experience and high motivation for facing exciting challenges.
As part of being the manager of a growing team and a growing backend product, we are also looking for someone who can work hands on from time to time and escort the team bottom up when needed.
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience working on backend systems.
- 2+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience in system and API Design.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly independent, accountable and a team player.
- Experience with Python/Golang/Java or an OO language.
- Experience developing a cloud-based system (AWS or GCP).
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience working with ML and large compute systems is a plus.
- Experience with databases, preferably both SQL and NoSQL is a plus.
- Stock Options.
- Private Medical Insurance. (Optical & Dental cover) including your loved ones.
- Life Assurance
- £3,000 Annual Lunch allowance.
- Free on-site catered lunches.
- £500p/a Well-being allowance.
- Free Coffee, Breakfast & snacks.
- £250p/a Professional development allowance.
- Pension Contributions (7%).
- Holiday (25 days).
- Seasonal & Anniversary Vouchers.
- Hybrid & Flexible working.
- Cool office space in central London.
- Volunteering Opportunities.
- Frequent social activities - away-days, happy hours, team building, yoga, creative workshops.