Data Engineer Tech Lead
Simply’s mission is to spark joy and creativity in every home around the world by empowering people to start, learn and fall in love with new creative hobbies. Our top-grossing apps Simply Piano and Simply Guitar (and the recently launched Simply Sing) put us on the fast track to building the world’s largest global consumer subscription business for creative hobbies in music & beyond.
What a Data Engineer Tech Lead does at Simply:
- Design, develop, scale, and optimize the data pipelines, ETLs and platform components
- Implement and support robust, scalable data solutions from different sources to enhance business analysis capabilities
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the company to translate requirements into high-quality data pipelines and models
- Promote engineering excellence, including software best practices, code reviews, and automated unit/functional/service testing
Who you are & What you’ve done:
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Developer or Data Engineer including ETL design, implementation, optimization and maintenance.
- Highly experienced in writing complex SQL queries, Data Modelling, and Python.
- Proven record of merging multiple data sources to develop a single source of truth for reporting needs
- Experience working with CI/CD systems
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience preparing data for business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- An independent, self-learner who is passionate about data
- Understands business processes and can translate business needs into software solutions
- Knowledge of metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
- A team player with amazing verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of current marketing analytics topics including attribution and experience with advertising campaign management/buying platforms.