Backend Engineer (Data infra team)
Backend Engineer (Data infra team)
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on.
Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture.
At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
The Data department oversees all of At-Bay’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as analytical databases, advance data pipelines, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role that the Data Infra team plays at At-Bay is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
At-Bay is looking for a Data Infra Engineer to join our growing Data Infra team. As a Data Infra engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding, and optimizing our data infrastructure architecture for cross-functional teams. The Data Infra Engineer will work closely with our data scientists, data analysts, and software developers on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. As a Data Infra engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data-related problems at scale by mixing in-house and open source technology such as Kafka, Spark, Snowflake and more. You should be a Team player, a quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
- Join a team of highly motivated developers to work together to fill At-Bay’s growing software and scaling needs
- Writing well-tested, organized, and robust code to support a rapidly growing organization
- Work in a modern software environment with continuously deployed and integrated code in our cloud-based infrastructure
- Communicating and working openly with other developers to solve problems and produce high-quality code
- Create, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at At-Bay
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with Python as a Backend Software Engineer.
- Strong software development capabilities
- At least 2 years of experience with Docker & k8s.
- Experience developing solutions in AWS environment and working with the following services: EKS, EC2, EMR, GLUE, Kinesis, MSK, RDS, S3 etc.
- BSc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Experience with relational SQL.
- Experience with Airflow – advantage
- Infrastructure development experience is a huge advantage
- Experience with relational NoSQL databases – advantage
- 2+ years Experience with big data frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, etc.- advantage.
- Experience in building large scale data systems
- Autodidact and a problems solver
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
What you'll get
- A competitive salary, and equity in a super fast-growing company, taking over commercial insurance
- A strong emphasis on work-life balance
- Beautiful offices in the heart of Tel Aviv, near the train station and main bus stops
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
- You will never lack a challenge, we are a unique blend of a fast-growing tech startup, an international firm, and an insurance company