Business Analytics Manager
DEVELOP INSIGHTS TO INFLUENCE AT-BAY’S TRAJECTORY
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and cybersecurity insights and services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be a cybersecurity company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. Named as one of six insurance companies that made the Forbes Fintech 50 in 2023, to date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Why you should join our Business Analytics team:
At-Bay’s Business Analytics team ensures our decision-making is founded on the facts of our business and the markets in which we operate. Business Analytics supports our executive team as well as business leaders of all revenue-generating activities. The team delivers ad hoc analyses in response to leaders’ questions as well as analytics products that enable the business to track performance through time.
It’s an ideal time to join as the team is repositioning itself to support the next stage of At-Bay’s growth. You’ll have the chance to influence the culture and professional practice of both the team and At-Bay overall.
You will lead Business Analytics and ensure the team delivers high quality output along with developing more junior team members. As a leader within the broader analytics community, you will partner with other leaders across the enterprise to enhance our capabilities to deliver insights consistently, quickly, and accurately. You will also establish governance processes to keep our portfolio of analytics products consistent and clear.
This is a great opportunity for someone relatively new to people management.
How you’ll make an impact:
By 3 months you will…
- Understand our business – how our products, services, distribution, technology stack, and partners serve our customers through insurance and security
- Create relationships with key executives and functional partners
- Develop autonomy and familiarity navigating our data stack and analytics to generate important insights that change how we work
- Establish good processes for managing the Business Analytics team and developing junior team members
By 6 months you will...
- Generate insights and recommendations that make a difference for the overall business
- Regularly partner with our go-to-market, technology, insurance, security services, and other teams to improve our products and processes
- Demonstrate your ability to use analytics to generate insights and drive executive conversations on steps we can take to improve business performance
- Establish standards of practice for the Business Analytics team
- Rationalize and refactor (as needed) our management reporting so it helps business leaders stay on top of important measures of success
- Support processes in planning, strategy, and other special projects
What you’ve accomplished already:
- You've coached and led a small analytics team. Through your leadership the team has advanced their capabilities and produced meaningful business outcomes.
- Led multiple analytics projects from requirements definition to final synthesis. Previous insurance experience not required but is a plus
- Worked across teams to think through problems and solutions in various contexts (e.g., go-to-market, finance, product, marketing)
- Engaged all levels of stakeholders (frontline to senior exec) in presenting findings and problem-solving
- Helped organizations translate ambiguous problem statements into concrete recommendations
- Demonstrated the ability to deliver explainable models and analytics products that leverage an analytics tech stack (Snowflake/SQL, Python/R, Tableau/Looker, Excel, etc.
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $165,000-$195,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.
*For this role we will not be supporting employment sponsorship now or in the future