Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) - Insurance
This is a hybrid position based in NYC
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
Why you should join our HR team:
With continued growth planned, this is an exciting time to join At-Bay and the HRBP team where you will partner with all employees, managers and leaders across the insurance business. We are building the HRBP program from the ground up, so you will be instrumental in helping us establish the best processes and procedures from the start, while working with smart, motivated partners on the business side.
You’ll have the support of an established, organized and creative HR team, reporting to the HR Director, US.
You will provide HR partnership to managers and employees in the business unit. Day to day activity will include coaching, ensuring high levels of performance, creating and maintaining employee engagement, supporting change management and helping develop, implement and manage people-related policies. You will partner with senior and junior leadership to ensure the HR strategy is structured and functioning to best support our business. You’ll also partner with others on the People team, such as recruiting and compensation leads to ensure broader programs are effective for the orgs that you support.
How you’ll make an impact:
By 3 months you will have:
- Met with and established regular 1:1s with all the managers in the insurance org.
- Started regularly attending critical org meetings.
- Created an onboarding supplemental program for key teams in the insurance org.
By 6 months you will have:
- Met with all employees in the org.
- Supported the employee engagement results roll out and action plans.
- Worked with managers to provide performance enhancing support programs.
- Identified key L&D programs for your teams.
- Supported the development of At-Bay’s HRBP program guide by adding processes and procedures to common HRBP situations.
What you’ve accomplished already:
- Partnered with insurance orgs to provide HRBP support and guidance worked with start ups or other businesses through periods of rapid growth.
- Built HRBP programs from scratch or scaled existing programs and led projects in different capacities, end to end, especially around employee engagement, performance management, training and onboarding.
- Handled employee relations and investigations issues.
- Created or revised HR policies as regulations change and the business grows.
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $135,000-$155,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.