Devops Team Lead - Platform
AppsFlyer is known for its massive backend production and cutting edge infrastructure in data and application platform.
At any given moment 10’s of thousands of servers are consuming 200+ billion mobile app events, crunching our users’ data, serving requests and communicating on a massive scale.
To handle this scale we practice modern production operations with a complete self-serve approach and develop our platform as a product. We run complicated systems at scale which we design, develop and deploy.
Day 0, Day 1, and Day 2 operations are critical components of a successful SaaS production system, ensuring its deployment, stability, and ongoing improvement.
The effective management of these operations requires highly skilled and dedicated teams, with a deep understanding of both the technology and the business needs it serves.
We combine expertise from backend, data and operations and if building highly reliable systems for engineers sounds exciting to you, then you’ve come to the right place.
Design and build the next generation of AppsFlyer platform. Enable our hypergrowth by using the right technologies out there and a real opportunity to deal with scale. We mean it. Think BIG! With more than 400 (and growing) engineers, hundreds of deployments per day for our 1000+ microservices on top of ten thousands of machines we manage on the cloud, we produce around a *petabyte* of data, daily. You’ll learn how to run systems at scale and the reality of dealing with hyper growth.
What do we believe in?
We believe that a Platform leader is someone who is passionate about their work, who possesses the technical skills to get things done and who has the vision to see beyond the horizon. They are someone who can bring together development and operations to create a seamless, efficient and effective system.
They are not afraid of complexity and are always looking for ways to simplify processes and automate workflows. A problem-solver who can turn obstacles into opportunities, and is always willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done.
But most importantly, a great Platform leader values their team and understands that success is not an individual sport but all about collaboration and teamwork. They are motivators who can bring out the best in their team, and who can help us all to reach our full potential.
What you'll do:
Being a part of the Platform R&D group at AppsFlyer is an opportunity to be a true pioneer in the tech industry. Your team will be charged with the vital task of developing and improving data and application platforms that are not only efficient, but also at the forefront of innovation.
You will enable 400 engineers to work with multi region cloud architecture, write infrastructure as code in a standardized efficient and innovative way. You will build and develop complex systems over Kubernetes to meet the demand and complexity of our enormous scale and automate everything with state of the art Gitops solutions that are responsible for our entire application and infrastructure delivery process, making it more efficient, scalable, and reliable. By leveraging the latest technology stack you have the power to drive real change and make a significant impact on the industry.
Your role is not just about building systems, but about shaping the future. You are part of a team of experts who strive to stay ahead of the curve, constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible and delivering cutting-edge solutions that are unmatched in the market.
Join the effort and help us do non trivial things in a trivial way.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience in leading DevOps / Platform teams.
- You have a deep understanding of cloud technologies, specifically AWS, and ability to design and deploy scalable, secure, and highly available cloud infrastructure using AWS services.
- Experience managing robust and scalable production SaaS environments.
- Has the expertise to design and implement solutions above Kubernetes including deep understanding of Kubernetes internals and patterns.
- Mastery of infrastructure as code concepts, implementation and lifecycle.
- Strong coding skills in Golang and Python.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins and GitLab, including setting up automated builds, testing, and deployment processes.
- Deep understanding of traditional DevOps practices such as containerization, monitoring and logging, security and disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with development, security, and other technical teams to ensure seamless integration of systems and applications.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and trends.
- Proven experience leading and managing a multidisciplinary team of DevOps and backend engineers, with a track record of delivering complex projects on-time and within budget.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor and guide team members, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, transparency and continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience with performance management and employee development, including goal setting, performance feedback, and career growth opportunities.
- Ability to identify and resolve conflicts and make decisions in a fast-paced environment, leveraging data-driven decision-making and stakeholder consensus.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and communicate the value.
- Being introduced by an AppsFlyer employee
As a global company operating from 20 offices across 5 continents, we reflect the human mosaic of the diverse and multicultural world in which we live. We ensure equal opportunities for all of our employees and promote the recruitment of diverse talents to our global teams without consideration of race, gender, culture, or sexual orientation. We value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from all our employees, customers, and partners.